Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
Fields marked with an * are required
Your Privacy Is Our Business
- One of ReputationDefender UK Ltd’s primary missions centers on empowering you, the consumer, to control your privacy online – that’s why we’re committed to maintaining the privacy and security of any information relating to you .
- We collect and use only the Personal Data we need to make sure our products and services are effective. If we need any additional information, we will get your express, explicit approval before collecting and using it, unless we have other legal bases to process Personal Data.
- We do not sell, give, rent or trade your Personal Data to advertisers, marketers, spammers, or any online “white pages” or “people finder” sites.
- If you provide Personal Data to us about your customers or clients, we will keep that information confidential and will only use it as necessary to provide the services you have purchased.
- We take the security of your Personal Data seriously, and use industry standard safeguards to protect any Personal Data stored on our systems.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites linked to our site if they are not controlled or owned by ReputationDefender. Please be diligent when visiting any other websites.
- We like to send information and updates via email to our customers but you are welcome to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- The policy outlined below is legally binding and may be updated from time to time.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1. In some areas of the Site (such as when you set up an account or complete your profile) and in connection with our services, ReputationDefender will collect Personal Data, including your first name, middle name, last name, address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, username[s], credit card number, name on the card, billing information, date of birth, education, work history which, either alone or in combination can be used to identify you (hereinafter and hereinbefore “Personal Data”). We do not consider information that has been aggregated and anonymized so as to not be identifiable to be Personal Data.
1.2. In addition, in order to effectively deliver our services and products, ReputationDefender may from time to time afford you the opportunity to provide additional Personal Data including descriptive, behavioural, preferential, and/or lifestyle information about yourself. It is your option whether you furnish such information.
1.3. If you request us to do so, by signing up for one of our services which involves collecting or tracking your Personal Data, we may collect your Personal Data from third-party sources and platforms (such as people search sites, online review sites, databases, and social media or other sites on the Internet).
1.4. If you do provide us with Personal Data or if we collect such information as described above.
1.5. We will retain your information for at least as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may also keep your information for longer periods of time consistent with our normal business practices, record-keeping or accounting requirements, and when the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with our services, or request that we no longer maintain your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
1.6. We will retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We also collect analytical data related to the performance of this Site via tracking technologies. This data is not associated with your Personal Data. (See “Tracking Technologies” below.)
2. OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
What we may collect
We process and collect the following data about you in the following cases:
- Information you put into forms on our Site;
- A record of any correspondence between us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site;
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources you use;
- Information about your device (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
How we use what we collect
ReputationDefender uses Personal Data to:
- Present Site content effectively to you;
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you;
- Carry out our contracts with you;
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to;
- Tell you our charges.
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let other people do this, and we (or they) may contact you.
Collection of Information from Third Parties
We may collect Personal Data about you from third parties. If we do, ReputationDefender will not sell this Personal Data to advertisers, marketers or spammers. Nor will we provide any Personal Data to online “white pages” or “people finder” sites unless you specifically authorize us to do so as part of our services. You always may request access to such data.
- In order to use the Site, you must first complete the registration form, including a username and password. During registration, you are required to give contact information, such as your name and email address.
- We use this information to contact you about the services on the Site in which you have expressed interest. Specifically, ReputationDefender will send you a welcome email and will also email you when a report has been prepared for you related to the product(s) which you have selected.
Special Offers and Updates
Using your name and email address, we will occasionally send you information on products, services, discounts and promotions related to ReputationDefender. You can sign up for these emails on our registration page during the registration process. We present you with the option not to receive these types of communications each time we send you such communications. Please see “Choice and Opt-out.”
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. We provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see “Choice and Opt-out.”
We will always obtain your consent prior to posting your full name along with your testimonial. If, after you provide your prior written consent, you want to edit/remove your personal information that displayed on the Site under public pages, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. ReputationDefender stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Please take into account that you need to obtain a legal basis for collecting data from your friend. In this case, we are a processor who, on your behalf, invites the friend.
- Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
The Site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media Widgets
- You can log in to the Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Data with us, such as your name and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form.
Internal Uses of Your Personal Data
- We collect, store and process your Personal Data on servers located in the United States. We count on your consent to the transfer. We use the information we collect about you in order to:
- develop and deliver our services
- process your transactions
- provide customer service and manage your account
- improve our products, services and marketing.
- We give access to Personal Data about our users only to those who require it for the above purposes
- We share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as payment and order processing, fraud investigation, bill collection, and information management and analytics. If content generation is included in your services, we may share information with service providers under contract to create, edit and/or publish such content. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to ReputationDefender.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action. If the subpoena seeks information about an identified subscriber or limited group of subscribers, we’ll make reasonable business efforts to contact the subscriber(s) before providing information to the party that requests it. We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to in all cases, whether because of a time limit, court order, inability to effectively contact a subscriber, or for any other reason.
- When a user signs up for a co-branded version of our service through links to ReputationDefender from our co-branded partner’s website, ReputationDefender, will share with the co-branded partner that user’s name, e-mail address and physical address in order to provide enhanced integration between ReputationDefender’s services and the services of our co-branded partner. If you do not want your information shared with ReputationDefender’s co-branded partner, you should sign up for ReputationDefender directly through reputationdefender.com and other sub-domains and not through a link from our partner’s website.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We share information with companies that provide public relations and marketing services for us. Such information will only be shared by us to customize, measure and improve our products, services and advertising. It will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties are contractually obligated to protect your information and are prohibited from using your Personal Data for any other purpose.
- We may share information, including Personal Data, when or if ReputationDefender is involved with a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider. Your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, or during the due diligence in anticipation of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- We share your information with our parent, subsidiaries and joint ventures to help coordinate the services we provide to you, enforce our terms and conditions, and promote trust and safety.
- The implementation of our Services, by its very nature, may require using your Personal Data to locate other information about you. Such use may include, but not be limited to, using your information to search the publicly accessible Internet sites as well as searching private information databases and sites.
- The implementation of our Services, by its very nature, may require revealing your Personal Data in order to effect removal of Internet content about you. For example (but not limited to), we may have to disclose your name to a website in order to notify them to remove Internet content about you. This occurs with your express permission for a specific, given purpose.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- Restrict processing;
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- Complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling but we do not use automated decision-making, including profiling.
4. UPDATING INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update, change or delete your Personal Data on your ReputationDefender account profile at any time. Simply log into your ReputationDefender account, go to your “Profile” and, if you wish, edit it with the options provided. If you are unable to edit your Personal Data by logging into your account, then please contact us for assistance. Customer Service is available to assist with this between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PST, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish your personal information to be deleted from our database, you may email your request to email@example.com. The process of deleting your personal information may take up to 30 days.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES THAT WE RECEIVE FROM OUR CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS
The implementation of our Services may require you to share with us information about other people, including Personal Data such as names and email addresses. We treat such information confidentially and do not share it with any third parties, except as described above as necessary to perform our services. Such information is maintained in accordance with this Policy.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
6.1. The security of your personal information is important to us. If you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number and social security number, on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). ReputationDefender is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security.
6.2. The Personal Data that we collect, and that you provide, is stored by us is and contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by those who need to know that information and who have special access rights to our production systems. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
6.3 We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to test our security systems and processes. However, no security system is perfect. We do not guarantee or warrant that there will be no unauthorized access to your data.
6.4. We will make all reasonable business efforts to protect your information, but no system can prevent all malicious attacks against our system or commonly used Internet protocols or software (e.g., SSL).
6.5. The security of your ReputationDefender account also relies on your protection of your ReputationDefender password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You should not share your ReputationDefender password with anyone.
6.6. ReputationDefender will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an e-mail, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Site, which will always have a URL beginning with www.reputationdefender.com. If you receive an email that asks you for your log in information or password, it is not from us and you should not respond.
6.7. Any e-mail or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with www.reputationdefender.com should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to ReputationDefender, immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.8. If you do share your ReputationDefender password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password.
6.9. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account at www.reputationdefender.com and changing your Profile settings. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred please report it immediately by emailing email@example.com.
6.10. ReputationDefender may have access to your password and may use such password to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.
7. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND COOKIES POLICY
7.1. Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by ReputationDefender. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, enabling features on the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Although ReputationDefender uses such technology created by third parties to enable features of its Site, ReputationDefender does not share its users’ information with such third parties. We use the information to target users once they leave our Site and advertise to them – commonly referred to as remarketing or retargeting. However, while third party’s run our ads to those visitors that have particular cookies, they are only displaying ReputationDefender ads based on these cookies. We also partner with a third party to track who visits our Site, but this is used for internal purposes and not for purposes of targeting ads.
7.3. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. Specifically, we use session cookies to track your session ID and to track whether or not you are logged into the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Click here for more information on how to remove persistent cookies.
7.4. We set a persistent cookie to store how you came to the Site and what purchase packages and discounts we are able to offer you upon your registration. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on the Site.
7.5. If you reject cookies, you will still be able to view the Site, but your ability to use some areas of the Site, will be limited. You will be unable to log into the Site if you reject cookies.
7.7. We employ, and our third-party advertising partner employs, a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies and are used to learn about the interactions of our users with the Site and our outbound emails. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personal Data. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
8. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
8.1. We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Data used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service, but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference in the Site’s account area.
8.2. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications on the Site, via our user account area.
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA FROM THE EU TO THE USA
Attention: Managing Director
ReputationDefender UK Ltd
Liverpool Innovation Park